Hey guys! Like you, I'm always looking for ways to improve my health :) My system isn't perfect yet (and may never be) but I have worked out a plan that works for me to improve my eating habits, help my immune system, and reach my fitness goals. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to ask and let me know. Would love to know what works for you :) In the meantime, here are my top 5 health staples.
1) Compact/Portable Blender. So I freaking love my portable blender. My fitness goals require taking in a lot of protein and I find the best way for me is through protein shakes and smoothies. There are so many brands out there and shake making has become SO easy! Once you're done, simply add a lid for drinking and you're good to go. It would be so hard for me to keep up with my protein without it!
2) Protein powder. Can't mention my blender without bringing up its companion. I'm currently using a whey powder that is definitely not the best health wise but I love how it tastes and it does the job. I've tried an insane amount of different protein powders that align better with my goals (pea, soy, rice, etc.) but there's one problem: they taste terrible. If I don't like what I'm consuming, I will never be consistent with it. While I could've added more pineapple, lemon, etc. to make it taste better, sometimes I just don't have the time. My powder tastes amazing and gives me exactly what I need after a workout in less than 2 minutes. Would love to hear if you have any suggestions for healthy protein powders that you think might be a better fit :)
3) Vitamin C. I don't know about you but if I'm not careful, I can easily get at least 2 colds a month especially during this icky and confused season. When I'm sick I'm pretty useless (haha) and am instantly miserable. To combat that, I take Vitamin C vitamins daily and my immune system turns into Chuck Norris. It's so simple but really does go a long way.
4) Essential Oils. I'm pretty new to essential oils and am still learning but their results have been amazing. The idea of buying one oil and being able to use it in so many ways to improve health, spirit, and even heal is incredible. A few of my friends actually got me into it and I'll definitely be back for more. I have trouble sleeping & a few drops of lavender oil in my diffuser or even on the bottom of my feet relaxes me and puts me right to sleep. Can't wait to update you more on this journey!
5) Sleep. Such a simple aid to all of life's problems. I understand that you can't always control how much sleep you get because of work or things that come up. However, if you're anything like me you probably get in bed and use your phone for about 15-20 minutes before you actually fall asleep. The light is naturally going to make you more awake & is actually going to stop you from falling asleep. So, I started planning my night routine a bit better and know not to touch my phone right before bed and it has helped me actually sleep longer (I have a sleep tracking app on my watch lol) and get to my deep sleep faster.
Like I said, what works for me may not work for you but would love to share and grow with you! What are your health staples? Let me know <3